Meet Dr. Lisa M. Nath, MD
Dr. Lisa M. Nath is a board-certified ophthalmologist and has been in practice in the Bellevue area for over 15 years. She is a renowned ophthalmologist and eye surgeon in Allegheny County. She is well-known and respected by her patients and in the community. Born and raised in Indiana, PA, Dr. Nath attended the Indiana University of Pennsylvania and earned her Bachelor’s Degree with Summa Cum Laude honors. She then attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine to earn her Doctor of Medicine, MD followed by an internship at the Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh. Dr. Nath completed her Ophthalmology residency at University Hospitals of Cleveland and was chosen as the Chief Resident in her senior year as well. Dr. Nath’s practice is focused on General Ophthalmology where she treats a wide variety of both medical and surgical diseases of the eye. Her areas of expertise include cataract surgery and the diagnosis and treatment of conditions like glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease and dry eye. With a keen attention to detail, courteous attitude and a warm demeanor, Dr. Nath’s patients would describe her as a considerate, personable, and highly conscientious physician. Eye conditions can be unnerving for most patients, so Dr. Nath makes sure that the patients know what is happening every step of the way, so that they aren't frightened. She treats every patient with compassion & quality care by taking time to educate patients.
- University of Pittsburgh School of MedicineMD, Medicine1991 - 1993
- West Virginia University School of MedicineMD, Medicine1989 - 1991
- Indiana University of PennsylvaniaBS, Medical Technology1982 - 1986
- Residency in OphthalmologyUniversity Hospitals of Cleveland, Department of Ophthalmology1994 - 1997
- Transitional InternshipMercy Hospital, Department of Medicine1993 - 1994
- Owner / OphthalmologistLisa M. Nath, MD, LLC2002 - Present
- Associate OphthalmologistAlexander Chang, MD2000 - 2002
- Associate OphthalmologistCharles A. Moore, MD1999 - 2003
- Associate OphthalmologistJames A. Nesper, MD1999 - 2000
- Associate OphthalmologistE.R. Salvitti, MD1997 - 1998
- OphthalmologyAmerican Board of Ophthalmology2010
- Western PA Surgery Center
- UPMC Passavant Hospital
- LifeCare Hospitals of Pittsburgh
- Allegheny General Hospital
- MemberPennsylvania Academy of Opthalmology
- MemberAllegheny County Medical Society
- MemberPittsburgh Ophthalmology Society
- MemberAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology
Thank you for subscribing!
You will receive important news and updates from our practice directly to your inbox.